Centre Improvement / Training Suite
Scarborough – ERDF
Age UK Scarborough & District
Age UK Scarborough & District promotes the well-being of all older people and to help make later like more fulfilling and enjoyable.
This project is to refurbish and expand the building enabling it to become a Community Hub.
The refurbishment aims to:
- Offering better access, making full use of the premises
- Three refurbished training and activity suites enabling engagement with a wider audience
- Offering a newly designed, bespoke employment training programme to those aged 50+
- Provision of a lift and levelling of floors will provide the means to fully accessible space
- New toilets with disabled access will be provided
- There will be full kitchen facilities along with a ‘Training’ kitchen area
- Volunteering opportunities will increase, allowing for the development of new skills and improving self-worth and employability